We have missed several weeks of cookie of the week! I mean, what have you guys been eating for dessert? KALE?!
Pinterest kept advertising pudding cookies for me over and over again, so I decided to try it myself. They turned out pretty good. They are basically super soft sugar cookies. Sugar pudding cookie sounds like something your grandma would baby talk to you.
They remind me a lot of the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies kids used to sell at my high school to raise money for their clubs. The cookies were sold by the special ed classes and smelled SOOOOO GOOOOD in the morning. Especially good if you only had an orange for breakfast and knowing you had basically a mayonnaise sandwich for lunch.
Anyways here is the recipe. Bing Bang Boom.
Sugar Pudding Cooks.
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Teaspoon of Vanilla (I just drizzle it in. Very professional, I know.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (See above)
- 1 3.5 ounce packet vanilla pudding mix
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth (Are those helpful descriptions?). Add egg, vanilla, baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the pudding mix.
- Add in the flour until just combined.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. (I like a big cookie, so I use a big (about 2 tbsp) amount of dough.) Bake 8-10 minutes. Lean more towards the 8 minute side of that.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before you stuff ’em in your mouth.